In an effort to streamline the registration process and make it more compact for our busy student leaders, we decided to package the registration workshop with the treasurer's workshop so now you only need to attend one combined workshop. Each student group President and Treasurer is asked to attend the combined workshop. The first portion of the workshop will be the registration training and the second portion will be the treasurers. Below are the dates and times for the training:
- Wednesday, August 29, 5:30 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Thursday, August 30, 4:00 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Wednesday, September 5, 10:15 a.m., TUC 417ABC
- Thursday, September 6, 4:00 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Monday, September 10, 6:00 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Tuesday, September 11, 12:30 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Tuesday, September 18, 4:00 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Friday, September 21, 3:30 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Monday, September 24, 6:00 p.m., TUC 417ABC
- Wednesday, September 26, 5:30 p.m., TUC 417ABC
Each year all student organizations, regardless of type must register with the Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development (SALD). The registration process includes the following:
- Updating Officer Information and Roster using the online application (http://www.uc.edu/sald/student_organization/registration.html)
- Attendance at the SAB and UFB Registration Workshop (if your group does not receive funding from UFB, AIC or Club Sports, you will be dismissed when we begin the financial portion of the workshop)
The purpose of the workshops is to provide groups (and if they choose to attend advisors) with information regarding the university’s rules and procedures regarding branding, room reservations, and advertising on campus. For those organizations that receive financial funding (University Funding Board, Club Sports, and/or AIC) they are also required to attend their financial training workshop. The deadline to fulfill all registration requirements is November 15, 2012. Those groups who do not complete the process by the noted deadline will not be recognized as a registered group on campus during the 2012-2013 academic year. Therefore they will not be able to make room reservations, take part in university activities i.e., open houses, activities fairs, or utilize university marks.
- Thursday, October 4, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 1, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 6, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013. 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 7, 2013. 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, 2013, 4:00 p.m.
*Training will be held in the Campus Recreation Classrooms, Room TBD.
- September 13, 2012, 4:00pm
- September 27, 2012, 4:00pm
*Training will be held in the Student Government Office, Room 655 Steger.
March 14, 2013: AIC Budgets for the 2013-2014 Academic Year due by 5:00 PM
March 28, 2013: AIC Budget Presentations for the 2013-2014 Academic Year heard at the UFB Meeting, 6:00 PM, 423 TUC
March 28, 2013: AIC Awards for the 2013-2014 Academic Year are posted on the UFB website
On Thursday’s each week starting at 6 PM in Room 423 TUC. UFB does not meet during exam weeks, winter break, spring break, during the summer, and any day that UC is closed.
September 6, 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11, 18, 25
November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
January 10, 17, 24, 31
February 7, 14, 21, 28
March 7,14, 28***
April 4, 11, 18
***UFB Budgets are not heard this day and MUST be heard two weeks before the event. Therefore, if your group plans on using April 4th as the "Second Thursday," the budget must be turned in on March 21.
March 14: Last day for student groups to spend operating funds (5:00 PM No Exceptions)
August 31: Membership Applications Distributed
September 6: Open House for students interested in joining UFB, 5 PM, 655 SSLC
September 13: Open House for students interested in joining UFB, 5 PM on the 655SSLC
September 21: Membership applications due by 5:00 PM
September 24-28: Membership interviews
October 1-2: New Members Notified
October 10: New Member training: 7 PM in Room 655 Steger Student Life Center
TBD: Safe Zone Training for New Members
November 10-11: Retreat
February 21: Last day for student groups to spend operating funds (5:00 PM No Exceptions)
April 11: Executive Board Elections